Back with his fourth full-length album, SOOHAN makes a tremendous statement with ARCHETAPES. Returning to his tried and true abilities for remixing world music in a way of spreading its influence to shores beyond, Soohan tackles tracks largely from yesteryear in Archetapes, shining new light on older musical selections. Trap and heavy bass influences find a surprising niche in a diverse array of musical stylings without disrupting their original flow, a triumph of sample-based work in an age where the art form is less and less common. Soohan also links with the likes of HÄANA and Jackson Whalan, in addition to remixing David Starfire, providing tastes of the present and future that blend timelessly with the past. A must-hear work for fans of instrumental hip-hop, all electronic music, and sample-based music.
Garnering streams in the hundreds of thousands and a slew of festival appearances over the last few years, SOOHAN has quickly established himself as a foremost presence in global bass + electronic music scenes. His style is a signature blend of outlandish trap-influenced production, dashed against the backdrop of regional folk music selections that span the entire globe.
With an approach that invites exploration into the musical stylings it remixes, Soohan does his part to bring sample-based music into 2017 with Archetapes, his fourth full-length album. Stay on the lookout for more North American tour dates in 2017, announcing very soon.
1. La Cima Ao Castelo - Rancho de Monsanto (SOOHAN Remix)
2. Aqcic - Wardia (SOOHAN Remix)
3. Silsila Ye Chaahat Ka - Aishwarya Rai & Shah Rukh Khan (SOOHAN Remix)
4. Lapis - David Starfire (SOOHAN Remix)
5. White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane (SOOHAN Remix)
6. Lagi Re Lagi Hamein Sai Dhun - Ashok Mastana (SOOHAN Remix)
7. Kya Dekh Rahe Ho Tum - A. R. Rahman (SOOHAN & HÄANA Remix)
8. Pesah Ala Mano - Flory Jagoda (SOOHAN Remix)
9. Speaker - SOOHAN & Jackson Whalan
Mixed by Michael Klicos
Mastered by Subvert Mastering
Artwork by Nate Gonzalez at The Moon Life
released March 9, 2017
all rights reserved